When you have a point to make......

There is a proposed teacher strike day next week.  What is your initial reaction to this?
1. Good on them. Our teachers need to show the Government that they deserve a better pension package and wage.
2. Not again.
3. What? 1 week before the schools break up for the end of the year. That's ridiculous!

I'm not really a betting woman but I'm quite positive that most of you would probably go for option 3, as your initial reaction.

Luckily, I am a stay at home mum so I don't have to worry about childcare. But, what I do get annoyed at is this constant need for striking (tubes, trains, teachers etc). It really doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I am already struggling on how to keep my two occupied over the summer term, my husband can only take off two weeks so I'm left to my own devices for the rest of the summer, an extra day is not helpful and really doesn't carry any sympathy from me.

If you have a point to make, make it coherently, not by alienating the people who actually respect you the most.....parents.

How about the parent/families who are already taking time off during the summer to be with their children and now they have to factor in another day off work. It's hard enough as it is.

In this modern society, there should be absolutely no need for striking, across any industry.
Sometimes, as harsh as this may sound, we just have to put up and shut up.  People working in the
private sector have to deal with less pension rights and pay and probably more working hours and working days.  Sometimes, strikers need to empathise and realise they may actually be better off than others.

I know this is only just scratching the surface of the issues and topics but if it's ok for strikers to justify their action and subsequently directly effect thousands of people why can't I just say "stop it". It really isn't doing any good.  There will be another strike in a few months and some more a few months after that. Its a constant cycle.

If you have a message, do it without the strikes, it doesn't help you or the people you are supposed to be serving (e.g. children, passengers etc). What do you think?

Disclaimer: this is just me having a rant!